Amanda-Users

Re: Mutliple configs sharing the same indexes

2006-04-24 09:44:02
Subject: Re: Mutliple configs sharing the same indexes
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:41:41 -0400
On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 01:07:12PM +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
> On 2006-04-24 02:38, stan wrote:
> >I'm trying to finish up a configuration that normally backus up
> >to a RAIT of one vtape, and one real tape. The backup side of
> >this is working.
> >
> Just verifying that Amanda thinks the same as we:
>
>   $ amgetconf DailyDumps indexdir

Good idea, let's see ....

amanda@amanda:~$ amgetconf DailyDump indexdir
/opt/amanda/var/DailyDump/index
amanda@amanda:~$ amgetconf disk_only indexdir
/opt/amanda/var/DailyDump/index

Yes, that looks OK.

> >That's everyhting that is in it.
> >
> >disk_only's amanda.conf looks like this:
> >
> >includefile "/opt/amanda/etc/amanda.conf.main"
> >tpchanger "chg-multi"
> >changerfile "/opt/amanda/etc/disk_only/chg-multi.conf"
> >tapetype HARD-DISK
>
> And verify again that Amanda has the same result for indexdir
> here:
>
>   $ amgetconf disk_only indexdir
>

> Also have a look in the /tmp/amanda/ directory on the index-server,
> and examine the files "amindexd.datetime.debug" for any other
> indications.  (stupid question:  remembering that you had trouble
> with DNS: are you 100% sure that "amanda.meadwestvaco.com" is always
> the same computer, i.e. DNS has only one IP-number for that host?
> Do you find the amindexd.datetime.debug file for each session?)

Good memory :-) Or I've made avery public idiot of myself one :-)

Well, this is interesting: I do see this:

amindexd: < 501 Host amanda.meadwestvaco.com is not in your disklist.
When running amrecover using the disk_only config, but disklist is linked
to all 3 configs.

amanda@amanda:/opt/amanda/etc/DailyDump$ cd ../di*
amanda@amanda:/opt/amanda/etc/disk_only$ grep amanda disk*t
# in /etc/amanda/csd2/disklist.
# where the dumptypes are defined by you in amanda.conf.
# amanda
amanda / comp-user-tar 1 local
amanda /data_backups comp-user-tar 2 local
amanda /dumpdisk holding-disk-tar 3 local

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror