Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with amlabel

2006-04-27 03:50:05
Subject: Re: Problem with amlabel
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Carl Holzhauer <cholzhauer AT sscorp DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:46:33 +0200
Carl Holzhauer schrieb:
I'm sure I just have something written incorrectly, but here's the error
I'm getting
-bash-3.00$ amlabel dailyset dailyset0 slot 0
changer: got exit: 1 str: <error> could not read result from
"/usr/local/libexec/chg-scsi-solaris.conf"
amlabel: could not load slot "0": could not read result from
"/usr/local/libexec/chg-scsi-solaris.conf"
amlabel: could not load slot "0": could not read result from
"/usr/local/libexec/chg-scsi-solaris.conf"
amlabel: pid 1812 finish time Wed Apr 26 16:27:24 2006
-bash-3.00$ Output of that file: -bash-3.00$ cat "/usr/local/libexec/chg-scsi-solaris.conf"
number_configs  1
eject           0       # Tapedrives need an eject command
sleep           15      # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
cleanmax        10      # How many times could a cleaning tape get used
changerdev      /dev/0bn
#
# Next comes the data for drive 0
#
config          0
drivenum        0
dev             /dev/rmt/0bn    # the device that is used for the
tapedrive 0 (BSD type, no rewind, no compression)
startuse        0       # The slots associated with the drive 0
enduse 17 # statfile /usr/local/etc/amanda/dailyset/tape0-slot # The file
where the actual slot is stored
cleancart       18      # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive
0 is located
cleanfile       /usr/local/etc/amanda/dailyset/tape0-clean # The file
where the cleanings are recorded
usagecount      /usr/local/etc/amanda/dailyset/totaltime
tapestatus      /usr/local/etc/amanda/dailyset/tape0-status
#labelfile      /usr/local/etc/amanda/dailyset/labelfile # Use this if
you have an barcode reader
-bash-3.00$ Amanada user has read/write access to /usr/local/libexec and to the
chg-scsi-solaris.conf file.
can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Message transport security by GatewayDefender.com
4:29:05 PM ET - 4/26/2006

Hi there,
i use chg-scsi since a few years on diffrent linux-servers and have found it has a problem with the comments in chg-scsi.conf.
Try to remove all comments from that file an retry  it, perhaps it fixes
all your problems.
Christoph