Amanda-Users

Re: Defining a sensible backup routine

2006-04-17 12:34:16
Subject: Re: Defining a sensible backup routine
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:31:49 -0400
On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 05:05:46PM +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 17 April 2006 16:39, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>
> > - for static data, I have such a beast, a file system of iso images
> >   of OS installation CDs, I set that DLE to strategy full dump only
> >
> I'm still very new to this, and trying to get my head around it.  So you can
> set a cycle to a number of days, but then use full dump only set up in some
> way to only run when level0 is due?

Yes, with one caveat.
I'm not certain, but it might still be subject to promotion.
I recalled later that the parameter I used was skip-incr yes (?true?).
There are two that seem to do similar things.  The other one was
strategy noinc.  Don't know the difference.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)