Amanda-Users

Sometimes clients aren't there...

2006-04-11 11:46:53
Subject: Sometimes clients aren't there...
From: Bruce Thompson <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:44:42 -0700
Hi all,

I've got a small network at home that I'm now backing up regularly (Whew! I've been nervous ever since Retrospect died on me).

With our setup, there are a couple of clients that may or may not be present when amdump runs. What I'm wondering is if there is a way I can tell amanda that it's relatively okay for those clients to be absent.

I guess it's mostly a cosmetic thing, but I don't consider it an "error" for them to be missing unless they've been missing too long (where too long is kinda fuzzy).

Is there some way to configure amanda to handle this? Treat it as a "strange" rather than a failure? Am I simply off my chump? :-)

Thanks!
Bruce.