Amanda-Users

Planning to use Amanda and have a few questions.

2006-04-10 02:40:00
Subject: Planning to use Amanda and have a few questions.
From: <emre AT serverification DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:41:00 +0300
Hello all,

I am working for a middle-size company and we are planning to deploy a backup solution for our systems. Most of our servers are MS 2003 based servers (like DC, Exchange, SQL and some Web servers).

I just wondered if there are some other amanda users who backup their MS based servers lik Exchange, SQL and etc. with amanda? Are there any specific problems using amanda with Windows Servers? Are they happy with their performance and the effectiveness of the Amanda software with their windows servers? Are there any direct built-in software support for such servers (like SQL)?

Simply i would love hear feedbacks of Amanda users who backup their Windows servers using amanda and guide me during our decision for our backup plan.

thank you in advance for your helps ! and hope to hear from you soon,
Emre.
system and software eng.