Amanda-Users

SOLVED - Re: /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts

2006-04-05 12:15:27
Subject: SOLVED - Re: /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts
From: "Salvatore Enrico Indiogine" <hindiogine AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:11:54 -0500
Thanks Paul for helping me along.  It seems that the amanda RPM
installations from RedHat/Fedora by default are inactive.

You have to use '/sbin/chkconfig --level 345 amanda on', 'amandaidx
on', 'amidxtape on'. The last 2 only on the server.

> > sudo /usr/sbin/amrecover -C test -s number3 -t number3 -d TEST-3
> > AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p3. Contacting server on number3 ...
> > amrecover: cannot connect to number3: Connection refused
>
> But the error "Connection refused" means the TCP connection could
> not initiate.  Have you added the index daemon "amandaidx" on the
> server?

sudo /usr/sbin/amrecover -C test -s number3

AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p3. Contacting server on localhost ...
amrecover: cannot connect to localhost: Connection refused

$ sudo /usr/sbin/amrecover -C test -s number3

AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p3. Contacting server on number3 ...
220 number3 AMANDA index server (2.4.5) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2006-04-05)
200 Working date set to 2006-04-05.
Scanning /space/amandahold/test...
200 Config set to test.
200 Dump host set to maigret.
Trying disk /export ...
Trying disk hda3 ...
Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD '/export/users/maigret'

I am wondering about the last line.  I am in the same directory that
is specified in the disklist:

maigret         /export/users/maigret           comp-tar # 5.5G rhel4

Thanks again.

--
Enrico Indiogine
Parasol Laboratory