Amanda-Users

Re: SOLVED - Re: /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts

2006-04-05 13:21:01
Subject: Re: SOLVED - Re: /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts
From: "Guy Dallaire" <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:17:55 -0400
2006/4/5, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>:

> STRONG RECOMMENDATION  --  DON'T DO THAT!!
>
> Reasons/possibilities
>
>   - you recover a directory to its previous state.  but some files were
>     added and/or modified since the backup.  They are now deleted or
>     overwritten.

I totally agreee with Jon !

I've been bitten by this "feature" not later than this week and lost
valuable files in the process. I've learned (the hard way) that I will
NEVER recover files again from the top of the DLE !

In fact, the documentation for this "feature" should make it to the
top of the amanda FAQ's and/or documentation.