Amanda-Users

Re: Odd amrecover and amverify issue in 2.5.0b2

2006-03-03 19:32:56
Subject: Re: Odd amrecover and amverify issue in 2.5.0b2
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Anthony Valentine <avalentine AT sbsalaska DOT com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 18:31:02 -0500
Anthony,

On Thursday 02 March 2006 21:30, Anthony Valentine wrote:
> When I run amverify, I get errors at the beginning and the end of the
> status mail, however it shows the complete tape listing in the middle.
> Here it the output, edited for length (let me know if you want to see
> the entire output):

Two questions:

1) Did you rewind the tape before running amverify? It will not rewind the
tape itself.
2) Did Amanda hit the end of the tape when it was being written, or did it use
the tape only partially?

My guess is that you did not rewind the tape (if not, do so, and try it
again), and that the tape was completely used; in that case, the last file on
the tape will show up as short.

Cheers,

--Ian
--