Amanda-Users

Re: Odd amrecover and amverify issue in 2.5.0b2

2006-03-06 19:19:55
Subject: Re: Odd amrecover and amverify issue in 2.5.0b2
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Anthony Valentine <avalentine AT sbsalaska DOT com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:18:37 -0500
On Monday 06 March 2006 15:29, Anthony Valentine wrote:
> I tested another amverify, this time doing a rewind first, and got the
> same errors.  Also, I am only backing up 10GB to a 40/80GB tape, so I
> don't think that I am running out of space.
>
> As another test, I created a new config using vtapes, to eliminate any
> rewind and tape size problems.  I backed up a small file system (/home
> at 1.2GB) to a vtape on a volume with 24GB free.  The dump seemed to run
> fine, but again I got errors on amverify and amrecover.

That is very fascinating. I don't think it is a tar problem, but the nature of
the problem is not immediately obvious to me. Perhaps you can do the
following:

1) Remove /tmp/amanda
2) Run amrecover (on the server)
3) Attach all the files in /tmp/amanda. It shouldn't be big, but if it is,
then don't send it the list, just post it on the web or send it to me
personally.

Cheers,

--Ian

--
Zmanda: Open Source Data Protection and Archiving.
        http://www.zmanda.com