Amanda-Users

Conn thru SuSEfirewall2 to DMZ

2006-02-24 17:32:16
Subject: Conn thru SuSEfirewall2 to DMZ
From: uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:23:37 +0100
Hello Lister,

I read the last weeks in the archive and I wonder if sombody has the same
configuration as me.

In one of my configs I have a machine to backup, which is in the DMZ.
Firewall and DMZ are SuSE 9.3 with SuSEfirewall2 iptables script and amanda
version 2.4.4p3.

LAN amanda with tape ---- Firewall ---- DMZ to be stored

                          Internet

I did some initial test with a "FW_FORWARD" entry and next to the following
line in /var/log/firewall I cannot see any drops or accepts.
"Feb 24 22:48:45 firewall kernel: SFW2-FWDint-ACC-FORW IN=eth0 OUT=eth1
SRC=192.168.10.2 DST=10.10.100.2 LEN=145 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=63 ID=5 DF
PROTO=UDP SPT=676 DPT=10080 LEN=125"

If someone has the same config I would appreciate to get some hints to
configure the SuSEfirewall2 script.

How can I find out, which tcp/udp port are pre-configured in the SuSE amanda
rpm?

If no one has the same config as me, I will start to read and try to
understand how you listers helped Chuck Amadi during the last days...

Thanks in advance
Uwe

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit
Version: AVK 16.5745 from 24.02.2006