Amanda-Users

Re: Still get ERROR [host fw.my.co.uk: port 62679 not secure] after I added my ipchain rule:

2006-02-20 06:20:22
Subject: Re: Still get ERROR [host fw.my.co.uk: port 62679 not secure] after I added my ipchain rule:
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:12:05 +0000
Hi Paul

I just want my server that is the other side of my Lan which of cause is
where the tape server resides which is separated by my ipchains
firewall. To allow responses from the server through the firewall to my
tape server.

I have re compiled with the UDP and TCP portrange switch and edit the
common-src/security.c file with the "1 ||" within line 232 if statement.

When I run tcpdump port 10080 on the server and then in another window
on the tape server amcheck DailySet1 I see on the server that insecure
port >60000 is still being used and not the one I defined when I re
compiled amanda client using port range and commn-src/security.c file.

Any other suggestions other than migrating the firewall to iptable which
I will don eventually after a lot of other things on my to do list.

Cheers

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator
Chuck Amadi