Amanda-Users

Re: Still get ERROR [host fw.my.co.uk: port 62679 not secure] after I added my ipchain rule:

2006-02-17 07:31:54
Subject: Re: Still get ERROR [host fw.my.co.uk: port 62679 not secure] after I added my ipchain rule:
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:23:30 +0000
Hi Paul

I'm running 2.4.4p2 on my amanda clients and tape server.

Anyway the file exists in my version,rin make clean > I edited the
common-src/security.c file and added "1 ||" string to the if statement
to line 232.

Thus run make > make clean > make install and run on my server client
that sits on the other side of Firewall.

./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=disk
--with-configdir=/etc/amanda --with-uspportrange=11000,111030
--with-tcpportrange=11000,11030

Thus tcpdump port 10080 on the amanda client and run amcheck Config on
the tape server.

As you stated it's still forking to the firewall ipnumber and not the
tape server.

Cheers for your help

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator