Amanda-Users

Re: Migrating to Amanda, question 2

2006-02-10 16:32:26
Subject: Re: Migrating to Amanda, question 2
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:27:51 -0500
On Friday 10 February 2006 15:16, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote:
>2006/2/10, Lengyel, Florian <FLengyel AT gc.cuny DOT edu>:
>> Yes, it seems to have difficulty recognizing the second SCSI tape
>> drive if you have two. So one of my Spectralogic 2K tape drives is
>> languishing, while the other has all the fun.
>
>I have 1 tape drive + 6 tape slots, but they still advised me to use a
>more recent kernel.
>
>Strangely mtx was not a requirement for BRU, only mt.   I do have it
>installed anyway and I certainly will need it for Amanda.

I wonder if this might be related to not having the option to scan all
luns turned on in the kernel config?

With that turned on, and turning that on is what got me to build my
first kernel many years ago now, I had no problem recognizeing all the
scsi devices in the system way back then, but I have no scsi stuff left
now.

>--
>Enrico Indiogine
>Parasol Laboratory