Amanda-Users

Re: Migrating to Amanda, question 2

2006-02-10 12:23:13
Subject: Re: Migrating to Amanda, question 2
From: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <hindiogine AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:18:49 -0600
2006/2/10, Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>:
> I recommend Fedora for Amanda, and Debian in general, but you're opening a can
> of worms by asking people's opinion on the best distro. :-)

Thanks for the advise.  I was leaning towards FC4 myself because of
the latest tar version.  I read that tar 1.14 has problems, while 1.13
and 1.15 do not.

I agree about the "choose distro = can of worms".   That is why I only
gave 2 options  ;-)

We are a RedHat shop, thus we can only migrate to CentOS/Scientific
Linux and Fedora.  I find it interesting that Fedora4 will install the
2.5.0 beta of Amanda.

--
Enrico Indiogine
Parasol Laboratory