Amanda-Users

RE: Migrating to Amanda, question 2

2006-02-10 15:47:14
Subject: RE: Migrating to Amanda, question 2
From: "Lengyel, Florian" <FLengyel AT gc.cuny DOT edu>
To: "Salvatore Enrico Indiogine" <hindiogine AT gmail DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:41:21 -0500

CentOS does work for me, but I had to add the following to /etc/rc.d/rc.local

# create sg devices and turn hardware spectralogic hardware compression off
modprobe sg
ln -s /dev/sg0 /dev/changer
mt -f /dev/nst0 compression 0
mt -f /dev/nst1 compression 0
amcleanup Daily

If you don't do the first two statements, you won't have the device needed
for mtx. The mt statements that turn off compression are worth a small
fortune in consulting fees: I defy anyone to find the value 0 in the man pages.
Actually you can find it in the man pages.