Amanda-Users

Backup a public server outside of my LAN by adding it to my DLE

2006-02-08 07:53:01
Subject: Backup a public server outside of my LAN by adding it to my DLE
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 09:50:45 +0000
Hi List

I have another server that I need to add to my current main Amanda
backup server.
This server unlike the servers which are within my LAN and thus on the
same network.
Sits outside the LAN and is a public server.

Thus is it still possible to just add the server outside of my LAN to
disklist file:
as I assume providing I add the xinetd and ports I should be able to
backup a server ouside of my LAN.

outsideserver.mycompany.co.uk  /projects root-tar # /projects
outsideserver.mycompany.co.uk  /backup root-tar # /backup
outsideserver.mycompany.co.uk  /tmp root-tar # /tmp
outsideserver.mycompany.co.uk  /var root-tar # /var
outsideserver.mycompany.co.uk  /data root-tar # /data

Cheers

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator
Chuck Amadi