Amanda-Users

RE: First try at backing up other clients

2006-02-08 00:30:14
Subject: RE: First try at backing up other clients
From: "Gordon J. Mills III" <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 23:23:04 -0600
>> Does you firewall allow outbound connections  to your Amanda Server?
>> Also, there was a problem with the Amanda connection tracking module
about
>> a year ago that would prevent backups from working if it was loaded, even
if
>> there were enough rules otherwise to allow the packets.
>> Not sure of the kernel versions that were affected, but it might be in
the
>> list archives.  If you have that module loaded, try unloading it and see
if
>> it helps (although you would still need rules allowing the Amanda
connections).

>> Frank

Thanks Frank (and everyone else who replied). Frank's suggestion did point
me in the right direction. I had an older 2.6.8-mppe kernel. Since I no
longer needed the mppe stuff I upgraded to the 2.6.12 kernel in debian's
archive. Now it works!

Again, thanks to all who helped. Somehow it was the kernel.

Regards,
Gordon