Amanda-Users

Re: Backup a public server outside of my LAN by adding it to my DLE

2006-02-08 09:53:15
Subject: Re: Backup a public server outside of my LAN by adding it to my DLE
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:47:41 -0500
On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 09:50:45AM +0000, Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator
wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I have another server that I need to add to my current main Amanda
> backup server.
> This server unlike the servers which are within my LAN and thus on the
> same network.
> Sits outside the LAN and is a public server.
>
> Thus is it still possible to just add the server outside of my LAN to
> disklist file:
> as I assume providing I add the xinetd and ports I should be able to
> backup a server ouside of my LAN.
>
> outsideserver.mycompany.co.uk  /projects root-tar # /projects
> outsideserver.mycompany.co.uk  /backup root-tar # /backup
> outsideserver.mycompany.co.uk  /tmp root-tar # /tmp
> outsideserver.mycompany.co.uk  /var root-tar # /var
> outsideserver.mycompany.co.uk  /data root-tar # /data

Perfect problem to address using amcheck.

Make your client installation on out.my.co.uk, add the entries
to your amanda server's disklist, and ask amcheck to see if
things are ok with host out.my.co.uk.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)