Amanda-Users

RE: First try at backing up other clients

2006-02-04 19:20:30
Subject: RE: First try at backing up other clients
From: "Gordon J. Mills III" <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:13:54 -0600
Thanks Stefan, I do have iptables running on the client since it is my
firewall machine. It is currently set to allow all connections from the
internal network to the fw though. There is always a chance that I have
mangled something there though :-). I will check out the article you cited
below.

Monitoring the fw logs I see connections from the backup server to the fw on
10080 being accepted. However on the fw machine in the amanda sendbackup
logs I see:

sendbackup: try_socksize: send buffer size is 65536
sendbackup: time 0.001: stream_server: waiting for connection: 0.0.0.0.50084
sendbackup: time 0.001: stream_server: waiting for connection: 0.0.0.0.50085
sendbackup: time 0.001: stream_server: waiting for connection: 0.0.0.0.50086
sendbackup: time 0.006: waiting for connect on 50084, then 50085, then 50086
sendbackup: time 30.001: stream_accept: timeout after 30 seconds
sendbackup: time 30.001: timeout on data port 50084
sendbackup: time 59.997: stream_accept: timeout after 30 seconds
sendbackup: time 59.997: timeout on mesg port 50085
sendbackup: time 89.992: stream_accept: timeout after 30 seconds
sendbackup: time 89.992: timeout on index port 50086
sendbackup: time 89.992: pid 16879 finish time Sat Feb  4 18:09:20 2006

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gordon