Amanda-Users

RE: datcompression Tandberg SLR7

2006-01-31 12:24:51
Subject: RE: datcompression Tandberg SLR7
From: uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:14:08 +0100
Dear all,

Thank you very much for your answers, hope is coming back :-)

Especially I will follow the URLs given and I will summarize my results.

The Tandberg support also told me to switch comp off without a tape in the
drive (the guy showed me that it worked in his environment) but my drive/mt
command didn't work at all without an inserted tape. Furthermore the SLR7 do
not have any dips or jumpers (I would be happy if so:).

best regards
Uwe

> For my HP, if it was mounted internally, access to the DIP switch
> requires removal from the system.  HP's own external case has a
> cute little tunnel on the bottom to give access.
>
> Perhaps your Tandberg has a similar setting.

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit
Version: AVK 16.5214 from 31.01.2006