Amanda-Users

Problem with Backup -> unexpected end of file

2006-01-30 21:28:57
Subject: Problem with Backup -> unexpected end of file
From: "Sebastian Koesters" <skoesters AT sino DOT de>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:11:03 +0100
Hi,

i have a Problem with amanda.

I try to backup 1 Directory from a Server. The Directoy has a size of round
about 80 GB.

Every Morning i get the status mail:

*** THE DUMPS DID NOT FINISH PROPERLY!

These dumps were to tape DailySet166.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
The next new tape already labelled is: DailySet161.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  server        /dir RESULTS MISSING

STATISTICS:
                          Total       Full      Daily
                        --------   --------   --------
Estimate Time (hrs:min)    2:46
Run Time (hrs:min)         2:46
Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
Avg Compressed Size (%)     --         --         --
Filesystems Dumped            0          0          0
Avg Dump Rate (k/s)         --         --         --

Tape Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Tape Size (meg)             0.0        0.0        0.0
Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
Filesystems Taped             0          0          0
Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s)     --         --         --

USAGE BY TAPE:
  Label             Time      Size      %    Nb
  DailySet166       0:00       0.0    0.0     0

NOTES:
  planner: Last full dump of server:/dir on tape DailySet162 overwritten in
1 run.

DUMP SUMMARY:
                                     DUMPER STATS            TAPER STATS
HOSTNAME     DISK        L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS  KB/s MMM:SS  KB/s
-------------------------- --------------------------------- ------------

(brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.4p4)

There is a file on my Backup-Server (size: about 50 GB). Iam also possible
to recover it on my Backup-Server. When i try to unrar the restored file i
get an error: "unexpected end of file"

I did not find any error in my config. Some weeks ago this config worked
fine.

Can someone help?

regards
Sebastian