Amanda-Users

Re: Backup to a DLT drive but two servers to the backup hard drives.

2006-01-31 00:48:03
Subject: Re: Backup to a DLT drive but two servers to the backup hard drives.
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:37:44 +0000
Sorry if my last post is confusing I have confused myself lately.

Howto get Amanda to back up individual servers large directories as
seperate Disk List Entries (DLEs) using tar (GNUTAR) to the backup
servers hard drives but another server to DLT cartridge for off site
storage.

I will be purchasing a 80GB DLT drive and a dedicated backup server with
two 80GB scsi hard drives.

1) I want to backup our main file server onto the 80GB DLT drive.
2) I want backup The 80gb web server and 80gb mail server to the two
80gb drives on the backup server not the 80gb DLT drive.

3) Would this be possible as I want a robust final solution that is
affordable and maintainable for upgrades etc etc.

Cheers
--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator
Chuck Amadi