Amanda-Users

Re: Dumb Q?

2006-01-27 12:24:44
Subject: Re: Dumb Q?
From: "Ram \"TK\" Krishnamurthy" <tk AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:12:19 -0800
Definitely seems Ok. I will have to take another look at my config. The error I saw was

more amtrmidx.20060125143614.debug
amtrmidx: debug 1 pid 30613 ruid 33 euid 33: start at Wed Jan 25 14:36:14 2006
/usr/lib/amanda/amtrmidx: version 2.5.0b2
natasha /boot
could not open index directory "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/index/natasha/_boot/"
amtrmidx: pid 30613 finish time Wed Jan 25 14:36:14 2006

As amcheck had indicated, one was not created.
natasha:/boot is what I want to back up. Once I created them, things were fine.

Thanks
tk

Paul Bijnens wrote:
Ram "TK" Krishnamurthy wrote:

I just tried this on 2.5.0b2 and it gives no problem at all.

Interesting. Thats where it failed for me.

How did you verify that amdump completed successfully? In my
case amdump return without any errors, but the log files showed me
that the dump had failed.

Which errormsg?

I made backup to a vtape.  I received a report by mail, no indication
that something went wrong.
I verified that the curinfo and index files do exist afterwards, and I
can use amrecover, browse the index and even restore a small file
from the backup.
Seems OK, isn't it?

--

Ram "TK" Krishnamurthy