Amanda-Users

Re: Dumb Q?

2006-01-27 03:06:24
Subject: Re: Dumb Q?
From: "Ram \"TK\" Krishnamurthy" <tk AT zmanda DOT com>
To: gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:48:31 -0800
Gene
Do you still see the Note: regarding .../curinfo/.. and ../index/..
on the amcheck output?

I have run into situation, where dumps fail until I create that by hand.
Its actually not created in the next run. A bug is filed.

Thanks
tk
---------------------------------------

Amanda wiki
http://wiki.amanda.com

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I've attemped to add a couple of disklist entries to my backup schedule, but I've run into a problem that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

I've copied the .amandahosts file over to that box in /home/amanda, and added the fqdn and alias of that box and the user as amanda and as root on seperate lines to that same file

All this after installing the amanda-common and amanda-client packages, 2.4.3-p3 I think, from the debian repo on that box. The install did add the invocation line to /etc/inetd.conf ok, and I've made amanda a member of the disk: group in the group file on that box.

But, this remains when I do an amcheck:

[root@coyote root]# su amanda -c "amcheck Daily"
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /dumps: 25545 MB disk space available, using 25045 MB
amcheck-server: slot 7: date 20060106 label Dailys-7 (exact label match)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape Dailys-7 label ok
NOTE: info dir /usr/local/var/amanda/Daily/curinfo/shop: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
NOTE: index dir /usr/local/var/amanda/Daily/index/shop: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
Server check took 0.098 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
ERROR: shop: [access as backup not allowed from amanda AT coyote.coyote DOT den] amandahostsauth failed
Client check: 3 hosts checked in 0.227 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.5p1-20051218)

Anyone have an idea what to check next?

Never mind, I found it. It seems /home/amanda/.amandahosts is not the file the debian version uses, its /etc/.amandahosts. Adding the fqdn of the server with a user of amanda fixed it right up.