Amanda-Users

Re: Dumb Q?

2006-01-27 11:15:49
Subject: Re: Dumb Q?
From: "Ram \"TK\" Krishnamurthy" <tk AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:04:40 -0800

Paul Bijnens wrote:
Ram "TK" Krishnamurthy wrote:

Gene
Do you still see the Note: regarding .../curinfo/.. and ../index/..
on the amcheck output?

I have run into situation, where dumps fail until I create that by hand.
Its actually not created in the next run. A bug is filed.

I just tried this on 2.5.0b2 and it gives no problem at all.

Interesting. Thats where it failed for me.

Does amanda have the permissions to create the directories, i.e. is the
parent of the curinfo and index writeable by amanda?

Yes.

I did:
- Create a brand new config
- run amcheck (without output below)
- run amdump
and that completed successfully.

How did you verify that amdump completed successfully? In my
case amdump return without any errors, but the log files showed me
that the dump had failed.

Thanks
tk

$ amcheck bugtest
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /home/amandahold/bugtest: 715544 kB disk space available, using 715544 kB
read label `Test-1', date `20060123'

       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: info dir /var/opt/amanda/bugtest/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
NOTE: index dir /var/opt/amanda/bugtest/index: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
Server check took 0.040 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.166 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.5.0b2)

Gene Heskett wrote:

Greetings all;

[...]

[root@coyote root]# su amanda -c "amcheck Daily"
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /dumps: 25545 MB disk space available, using 25045 MB
amcheck-server: slot 7: date 20060106 label Dailys-7 (exact label match)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape Dailys-7 label ok
NOTE: info dir /usr/local/var/amanda/Daily/curinfo/shop: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
NOTE: index dir /usr/local/var/amanda/Daily/index/shop: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
Server check took 0.098 seconds

[...]

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.5p1-20051218)