Amanda-Users

Re: WARNING: tapecycle (6) <= runspercycle (6).

2006-01-07 13:56:24
Subject: Re: WARNING: tapecycle (6) <= runspercycle (6).
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 13:51:19 -0500
On Saturday 07 January 2006 01:17 pm, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
> I am certainly not overwriting my last dump; in fact I have 5 generations
> of dump :)

If you are doing a full dump everyday, then set your dumpcycle to 1 day, and
your runspercycle to 1.

If you are doing a full dump once a week (your configuration allows this as a
possibility), then you should add more tapes and increase tapecycle
accordingly.

Cheers,

--Ian

--
Zmanda: Open Source Data Protection and Archiving.
        http://www.zmanda.com