Amanda-Users

Re: WARNING: tapecycle (6) <= runspercycle (6).

2006-01-07 13:51:52
Subject: Re: WARNING: tapecycle (6) <= runspercycle (6).
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 19:43:08 +0100
Tony van der Hoff wrote:

I have 6 tapes, HomeDumps_01 -> HomeDumps_06. Each day, Mon-Sat, I run
HomeDumps with a different tape, repeating that the following week. amverify
correctly asks me for the appropriate tape each day, before coming out with
the warning.
My amanda.conf includes:
        dumpcycle 1 weeks
        runspercycle 6          # each weekday
        tapecycle 6 tapes       # one for each day

Which of these should I change?

I would recommend to add some tapes to your cycle ( = amlabel them) and adjust the parameter "tapecycle" accordingly.

Stefan