Amanda-Users

Re: Hanging back-up.

2005-09-13 16:28:46
Subject: Re: Hanging back-up.
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <erik AT epo DOT dk>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:20:56 +0200
On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 16:10 -0400, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> We're talking about network bandwidth -- ethernet.  And the parameter is
> there in case your backup server and/or clients perform other network
> intensive functions that you don't want to interfere with.  Myself, I
> consider backups most important and want amanda to use all the bandwidth
> it can.

Yes and therefore a netuse value of "max" would be appropriate. I
understand from what you say that the lower the bandwidth the slower the
backup, but why does it make a full stop right before the backup
finishes? Well, it is probably more an academic question. I would,
however, like to get the answer but I will not read the code to get
it :-)

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen