Amanda-Users

Re: Disabling size estimates?

2005-06-29 18:00:49
Subject: Re: Disabling size estimates?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:45:40 +0200
Graeme Humphries wrote:

http://www.amanda.org/docs/amanda.conf.5.html

Hahaha oh man, that really is a RTFM on my part. Sorry. :)

You are one out of hundred who confesses that, so : thank you.

"estimate server" helps A LOT if your DLEs are pretty static.

Yeah, and they are *really* static. There's very little that changes
day-to-day compared to the overall backup size. I'd estimate we have
less than 1% change on the larger shares. This should work awesome, time
to run a test backup. :)

Let us know, maybe this motivates more people to move on to 2.4.5.

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member