Amanda-Users

Re: Disabling size estimates?

2005-06-29 17:06:38
Subject: Re: Disabling size estimates?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:51:58 +0200
Graeme Humphries wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wondering, is there a way to disable the initial size estimates
that Amanda sends? Or possibly a way to use "du" to generate them
faster? With the backup sizes I have, it looks like I'm wasting close to
an hour on sizing estimates, when I know that I have room on the backup
server for them.

I knew you would hit that ...

Recent AMANDA-releases provide the dumptype-option "server estimate", but the sad part is that you would have to leave the rpm-path Ubuntu follows and roll your own private AMANDA-binaries ........

But it's worth it.

Stefan

--
Stefan G. Weichinger