Amanda-Users

Re: Disabling size estimates?

2005-06-29 17:26:32
Subject: Re: Disabling size estimates?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:14:28 +0200
Graeme Humphries wrote:

I assume by "recent" you mean 2.4.5, not 2.4.4? :)

If so, I don't see it in the amanda.conf example. Is there some official
documentation on its behavior somewhere?

As you use :) :

Surprise!

http://www.amanda.org/docs/amanda.conf.5.html

but the sad part is that you would have to leave the rpm-path Ubuntu follows and roll your own private AMANDA-binaries ........

I think what I may do is take the source package from Ubuntu's unstable
tree, and compile that package on my stable install. It *should*
work. ;)

If it's uptodate ...

But it's worth it.

Yes, I imagine a gain of a few hours will be worth it, especially since
I'm trying to squeeze my backups down to a few hours.

"estimate server" helps A LOT if your DLEs are pretty static.

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member