Amanda-Users

Re: amanda client on HPUX 11.23

2005-06-09 03:56:07
Subject: Re: amanda client on HPUX 11.23
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Yung Le <YungL AT chw.edu DOT au>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:37:05 +0200
Yung Le wrote:
Has Anybody successfully installed amanda client on HPUX11.23?
Which version you installed?
I did compiled OK but amanda server stuck on getting estimate size when I
run amdump. Any hint?

What exactly do you mean by "getting stuck"?

I do remember someone installing amanda on some version of HPUX
and he had some difficulties too.  A disklist with only a few DLE
worked fine, but when adding more, he got into trouble.
After much debugging, we found out the UDP reply packet containing
the sizes of the DLE's was truncated above a certain (quite low)
value.  I'm not sure anymore, but I think he managed to increase
the max UDP packet size.

Regards,
Yung Le

are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The
Children's Hospital at Westmead

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, the Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.

Wow! The disclaimer virus is spreading in Australia too already?
Wouldn't it be time to file an RFC with these disclaimers, so that
you could just add "conformant to RFC6969" at the beginning or end
of a message, or even update RFC822 to include the above chapter in
all possible variants?
My signature is only 12 lines (above the usenet etiqette limit), but
at least contains some *useful* information.

* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *