Amanda-Users

Re: GNUTAR exclude lists not working in Windows or Linux

2005-06-04 08:53:54
Subject: Re: GNUTAR exclude lists not working in Windows or Linux
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 08:39:08 -0400
On Thursday 02 June 2005 23:47, Joe Rhett wrote:
>Okay, so if it isn't a documentation problem then what do we test
> now?  A test lab just demonstrated what I already knew.
>
>On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 11:16:18PM +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
>> Joe Rhett wrote:
>> >In the meantime, can you confirm "exclude file" versus "exclude
>> > list" ? Someone else reported a different syntax that conflicts
>> > with the man page, but actually makes more sense to the naked
>> > eye.  This may be a documentation problem.
>>
>> The documentation is correct:
>>
>>    exclude file "./some*thing"
>>  this excludes all the files matching name "some*thing"
>>    exclude list "/some/file"
>>  /some/file on the client contains a list of patterns
>>  to be excluded

I'm curious to see if Joe Rhett made his work last night.

With my corrected syntax, my file by file include, overriding the
exclude list, appeared to have worked as intended last night.  The
only puzzlement was that while the amverify output was, as usual,
included in the email I got from my wrapper script, backup.sh, I
normally get a somewhat nicer formatted email from the amverify run.
I did not get that email.

So I first installed snapshot 2.4.5-20050603 and re-ran that amverify
step for exercise, and did get the email this time.  The strange case
of the disappearing email strikes again.  Odd...

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: