Amanda-Users

Re: GNUTAR exclude lists not working in Windows or Linux

2005-06-02 16:05:59
Subject: Re: GNUTAR exclude lists not working in Windows or Linux
From: Joe Rhett <jrhett AT meer DOT net>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:55:22 -0700
Thanks for the advice on doing that.  I had such an environment set up last
year, and was able to replicate it at will on the Windows boxes.  I'll set
it up again for the linux systems.  Working this out on Windows stalled
because I was reluctant to toy with these production systems.  Windows
doesn't need any help to be shaky ;-)

In the meantime, can you confirm "exclude file" versus "exclude list" ?
Someone else reported a different syntax that conflicts with the man page,
but actually makes more sense to the naked eye.  This may be a
documentation problem.

Joe Rhett
senior geek
meer.net