Amanda-Users

Re: GNUTAR exclude lists not working in Windows or Linux

2005-06-03 06:34:40
Subject: Re: GNUTAR exclude lists not working in Windows or Linux
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:23:14 +0200
Gene Heskett wrote:
On Thursday 02 June 2005 17:16, Paul Bijnens wrote:
The documentation is correct:

  exclude file "./some*thing"
this excludes all the files matching name "some*thing"
  exclude list "/some/file"
/some/file on the client contains a list of patterns
to be excluded

I'd argue that point, I'm using 'file' to specify a file that contains a list, and its working just fine.

To settle the argument, we need some proof, and correct the bug in
the documentation or correct the bug in your configuration.

I would like to see the entries as you have them defined
in the disklist, and the output of "amadmin TheConfig disklist"
(the ultimate interpretation by amanda, after resolving all included
types) e.g.:

My disklist entry in the test configuration:

amatest    /space/scratch/topdir   user-tar

And then this command would give the ultimate configuration:

$ amadmin test disklist amatest '^/space/scratch/topdir$'
line 26:
    host amatest:
        interface default
    disk /space/scratch/topdir:
        program "GNUTAR"
        exclude list "/var/opt/amanda/exclude.gtar"
        priority 1
        dumpcycle 0
        maxdumps 1
        maxpromoteday 10000
        strategy STANDARD
        compress NONE
        auth BSD
        kencrypt NO
        holdingdisk YES
        record NO
        index YES
        skip-incr NO
        skip-full NO

Where we can see that the dumptype user-tar somehow has an "exclude"
defined.

Moreover, when I specify "exclude file /non/existing/file", then amcheck
does not complain. However with "exclude list /non/existing/file",
amcheck complains about the non-existing file, just as expected.