Amanda-Users

Re: "Wait for dumping" question

2005-05-21 11:49:02
Subject: Re: "Wait for dumping" question
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 11:30:42 -0400
On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 02:23:21PM +0800, Ryan Pagquil wrote:
> Guys,
>    Who will be the responsible for the dump when the amanda said that
> the host's status is "wait for dumping"?

If I understand correctly, you started a dump and while it was running
you ran amstatus.  The report from amstatus showed some DLEs "waiting
for dumping".

Probably totally normal.  If you had 1000 DLE's you would not want
them all dumping at the same time.  Something would overload.  So
amanda has several restraints on what DLE dumps when.  Max number
total running at the same time, max per host, max per spindle, ...
Plus there are priorities and other things that may affect when
a particular DLE gets dumped.  It is more important whether you
see it has been dumped when amdump has completed.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)