Amanda-Users

Re: incremental backup grows larger and larger

2005-03-31 17:26:14
Subject: Re: incremental backup grows larger and larger
From: Nina Pham <nina AT gibbons DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:11:50 -0800
Jon LaBadie wrote:

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 11:58:32AM -0800, Nina Pham wrote:
Our amanda server backups itself and backup another host machine which runs amanda client. We run incremental backup 6 days a week and full backup 1 day a week (incremental backup is not ran on that day). Reading the logs, size of files backed up from amanda server is growing till the full backup day, and going back to small on the incremental backup day after full backup day. However, the totol size of files backed up from the amanda client host machine keeps growing. It doesn't seem to care about the full backup I think, but I don't know what mistake that I made in configuration. Any body has any idea? Thanks.

Is record "yes" set on both config/dumptypes?

yes