Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck error

2005-03-18 10:25:56
Subject: Re: amcheck error
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Kevin Chen <kchen AT fre.devry DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:15:22 +0100
Kevin Chen wrote:

Be honest, those lines are generated by "patch-system", so I am not sure
what each line for. In the /etc/inetd.conf file, those lines are not
wrapped, it is because of cut and paste into email message that you see
lines are wrapped.

Let me rephrase that sentence that I politely formulated as
"But what is the first (wrapped) line doing there?":

    !!!! That line is wrong. !!!

And have you followed my suggestion to RETYPE the "amandad" line ?

We already know there is *something* wrong.  Until proven otherwise,
everything is suspect in such cases.  That's how you solve problems.
I had once the same problem, where a line APPEARED to be correct,
even when two other people could not point to any mistake on that line.
The problem went away by RETYPING the line (not copy-paste, not patch-system -- what is that anyway???). (And after retyping it,
do a kill -hup on inetd too, of course.
You could at least try it once, and then come back to say it didn't help.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Kevin