Amanda-Users

Re: spanning patch

2005-03-08 19:37:23
Subject: Re: spanning patch
From: Peter Kunst <pkunst AT imagnos DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:23:51 +0100
Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 08 March 2005 16:42, Peter Kunst wrote:((read
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html before replying
(this is Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:55:05 +0100 (CET) :-)
Using device /dev/rmt/0cbn
Volume <myetup>06, Date 20050308
End-of-Information detected.
Using device /dev/rmt/0cbn
Volume <mysetup>07, Date 20050308
[..]
mail report says:

Tapes: <mysetup>07
No errors found!

This would seem to be the default, since amrecover has not yet been patched to behave itself when doing the spanned tapes.

I had a bit of trouble switching it back after the 2 day test, so my stuff is now out of numerical synch, but thats not a showstopper by any means.

that's why i have _not_ touched production setup "o)

just joined amanda hackers... give me some days to wait for
something like a howto-amanda-hackers, if there is one, like on
sunmanagers.org, and i'll join testing, now that i've spent some
hours to setup a working "test"-setup.

John, cc: me for updates, please :o)

 Cheers, Peter

--