Amanda-Users

single drive optimizations

2005-03-08 19:54:03
Subject: single drive optimizations
From: "Nick Jones" <nickj AT joneshome DOT us>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:45:31 -0600
I've been wondering what the best option is for me to backup >tape size
amounts of data (potentially) with only a single drive and without a
automated tape changer.  Right now I'm using the following:

runtapes 1
tpchanger "chg-manual"

All level zero runs total to approximately 60GB on DDS3 tapes (12GB native).
Each level zero fits on a tape with some extra room and is staggered from
the rest.  Thanks for any suggestions on how to improve my setup.

--
Nick Jones