Amanda-Users

back up a window folder

2005-03-02 11:55:33
Subject: back up a window folder
From: "Gil Naveh" <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
To: "Amanda-Users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:49:23 -0500
hi,

We have a Solaris server that runs Amanda server on it.
I was successfully able to backup a window folder into it - using smbclient.
However, most of the folders I have to backup have names with spaces (aca
C:/hello Visual folder/).
Any idea on how can I backup those folder? (unfortunately I can't change the
folder's name).
I wrote the folder name with single quote double quote in the disklist file.
But it did not work and amanda complained after running amcheck: # undefined
dumptype `Visual'
Is there a way to work around folder's names with spaces?

Many thanks,
gil