Amanda-Users

Re: back up a window folder

2005-03-02 15:26:32
Subject: Re: back up a window folder
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Gil Naveh <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:13:23 +0100
Gil Naveh wrote:
Paul thanks much for your help but the symlink did not resolve the problem.
It seems that Amanda does not read it.
When running amcheck I get the following error:

#Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
#--------------------------------
#ERROR: solarisserver: [could not access Files/hello_Visual_folder/'
(//winserver'/Program): No such file or directory]
#Client check: 1 host checked in 1.049 seconds, 1 problem found

Now you're giving contradictory information.
First you say you copied the share using smbclient to
a solaris machine, and you could not add those directories
to the disklist.

So where are they? On the solaris machine or still on the PC?

The symlink trick works only on the solaris filesystem, not
on the PC filesystem.

If the filesystem is still on the PC, then create a share without
a space (a share name does not need to be the same as the directory).

Gil Naveh wrote:

We have a Solaris server that runs Amanda server on it.
I was successfully able to backup a window folder into it - using
smbclient.

However, most of the folders I have to backup have names with spaces (aca
C:/hello Visual folder/).

And currently you can't escape spaces in the disklist file, as you have
found out already.  Patches welcome :-)

Any idea on how can I backup those folder? (unfortunately I can't change
the folder's name).