Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda - unable to create temporary directory

2005-02-24 11:22:18
Subject: Re: Amanda - unable to create temporary directory
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Gil Naveh <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:12:12 +0100
Gil Naveh wrote:

Amanda is successfully running on our Solaris Servers. But on Amanda's
report (the E-mail it sends after amdump) I get the following STRANGE
message:

? Unable to create temporary directory in any of the directories listed
below:
?       /tmp/
?       /var/tmp/
?       /

I think these messages are not from amanda but from the dump program,
that is invoked by amanda.
Are you sure the dump program you use compatible with the filesystem?
e.g. ufsdump for ufs filesystems, etc.

Try switching to gnutar if you don't mind the longer estimate time.

But when I manually accessed the server as Amanda user - I had no problem
creating a folder under /tmp as well as /var/tmp/ !

Any thoughts why am I getting this message?
Additionally, can somebody tell me what files does Amada writes under /tmp
folder?

No files at all.  Only in /tmp/amanda .