Amanda-Users

Problems restoring files with amrecover on my backup client!

2005-02-22 06:57:03
Subject: Problems restoring files with amrecover on my backup client!
From: Thomas Løjmann Jørgensen <tlj AT netpointers DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:52:21 +0100

Hi list,

I have a small problem when I want to restore from my DLT tape.

When doing the backup I don’t see any errors (only one warning: driver: WARNING: ignoring holding disk /space: No such file or directory)

When trying to restore a file I got this:

amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst0 on host npdev.

The following tapes are needed: NP_TEST-00

Restoring files into directory /home/samba/Users

Continue [?/Y/n]? Y

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst0 on host npdev.

Load tape NP_TEST-00 now

Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]?

EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on npdev.

amrecover: short block 0 bytes

UNKNOWN file

amrecover: Can't read file header

extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

Continue [?/Y/n/r]?

I rely can’t figure out what is wrong!

My disklist contain this line:

gandalf /home/samba/Users/_rod comp-user-tar

org "My TEST"

mailto "tlj"

dumpuser "backup"

inparallel 4

netusage  600

dumpcycle 1 days

tapecycle 5 tapes

bumpsize 20 MB

bumpdays     1

bumpmult     4

tapedev "/dev/nst0"

tapetype DLTNP

labelstr "^NP_TEST-[0-9]*$"

diskdir "/space"

disksize 290 MB

infofile "/var/lib/amanda/TEST/curinfo"

logfile  "/var/log/amanda/TEST/log"

indexdir "/var/lib/amanda/ TEST/index"

define tapetype DLTNP {

    comment "DLT tape drives"

    length 80000 mbytes         # 80 Gig tapes

    filemark 8000 kbytes        # I don't know what this means

    speed 8000 kbytes

}

(and then the default dump-types in AMANDA)

Can anybody help me with figure out what is wrong with my setup?

Kind Regards,

Thomas Løjmann Jørgensen