Amanda-Users

amrecover @#%&%%@@!!!!!

2005-02-16 15:06:44
Subject: amrecover @#%&%%@@!!!!!
From: "Germán C. Basisty" <german.basisty AT eipsistemas.ath DOT cx>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:59:13 -0300

Well, gentlemans, I'm havingtrubles with amrecover.

My environment look something like this:

- A linux box, running the amanda server
- A Solaris 9 box (i386) running amanda client
- A FreeBSD box, running amanda client

On the Solaris 9 box I have installed GNU tar 1.15.1, and amanda client is configured to use it.

I have a IOMEGA ZIP 100MB (IDE) obviously on the linux box.

If I try my configuration with amcheck it say everything is working ok.

I can make amdump run, and it seems everithing is going on perfectly.

The problems appear when I try to restore with amrecover.

First, when I run it on the server (linux), It starts OK but before I can start writting, it says:

Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD '/root'

This message appears on both clients too (FreeBSD & Solaris).

Anyway, with setdisk /root for example, it seems to work fine at the server (Linux) and at the FreeBSD box.

Currently, and I dont know why,  things doesn't seem to work at the solaris 9 box. Here you have an output:

[root@burbuja bkp]# amrecover -C Diario -s bombon -t bombon -d /mnt/iomega
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p4. Contacting server on bombon ...
220 bombon AMANDA index server (2.4.4p1) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2005-02-16)
200 Working date set to 2005-02-16.
200 Config set to Diario.
200 Dump host set to burbuja.eipsistemas.ath.cx.
Trying disk / ...
Trying disk c0d0s0 ...
Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD '/bkp'
amrecover> setdisk /bkp
Scanning /amanda...
  20050216: found Amanda directory.
200 Disk set to /bkp.
amrecover> ls
2005-02-15 .
2005-02-15 canopus.tar
2005-02-15 hipergate.tar
2005-02-15 nuke.sql
amrecover> add nuke.sql
Added /nuke.sql
amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive /mnt/iomega on host bombon.
The following tapes are needed: Diario01

Restoring files into directory /bkp
Continue [?/Y/n]? Y

Extracting files using tape drive /mnt/iomega on host bombon.
Load tape Diario01 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? Y
EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on bombon.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue [?/Y/n/r]? Y
amrecover> quit
200 Good bye.
[root@burbuja bkp]#

The strangething is that this issue goes on only on the solaris machine. Any idea??

Bests regards,

Germán C. Basisty
EIP Sistemas
Consultor - Tecnología informática
Paso 158 (Q8340FTG)
Zapala, Pcia. de Neuquén
Argentina
tel. +54 (02942) 422 336
fax +54 (02942) 422 336
german.basisty AT eipsistemas.ath DOT cx
HYPERLINK "http://www.eipsistemas.ath.cx"http://www.eipsistemas.ath.cx