Amanda-Users

RE: amdump: timeout

2005-02-14 17:28:28
Subject: RE: amdump: timeout
From: "Hull, Dave" <DPHULL AT mail.ku DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:19:46 -0600
I have successfully installed and configured Amanda on RHEL servers and
clients. I'm trying to install the client bits on a Solaris 8 system. I've
downloaded source and run configure with the correct options, but I'm getting
the following error during configure:

configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf AT gnu DOT org. ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
checking for netinet/ip.h... yes

I am able to run make and make install to completion without any problems.

>From the server I'm able to do an amcheck <config> Solaris_8_host which
>returns:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 1.112 seconds, 0 problems found

So far so good. When I kick off an amdump <config> Solaris_8_host, I can watch
the amandad process start up on the Solaris_8_host, I see it running tar and
the sendsize process, but the backup never begins.

The bottom of the amandad file in /tmp/amanda shows the following:
amandad: time 276.711: dgram_recv: timeout after 10 seconds
amandad: time 276.711: waiting for ack: timeout, retrying
amandad: time 286.712: dgram_recv: timeout after 10 seconds
amandad: time 286.712: waiting for ack: timeout, retrying
amandad: time 296.712: dgram_recv: timeout after 10 seconds
amandad: time 296.712: waiting for ack: timeout, retrying
amandad: time 306.712: dgram_recv: timeout after 10 seconds
amandad: time 306.712: waiting for ack: timeout, retrying
amandad: time 316.713: dgram_recv: timeout after 10 seconds
amandad: time 316.713: waiting for ack: timeout, giving up!
amandad: time 316.713: pid 14944 finish time Mon Feb 14 15:38:59 2005

Given recent discussions here, I've increased the etimeout on the server to
400, but that hasn't made any difference.

I suspect the errors during configure may have something to do with the
problem, but I don't know for sure. Could it be that the networking piece of
amanda on the client is braindead as a result of the problems with configure?

Any advice?

<<winmail.dat>>