Amanda-Users

Re: Can tapes be grouped for different types of back-up?

2005-02-13 18:47:21
Subject: Re: Can tapes be grouped for different types of back-up?
From: Glenn English <ghe AT slsware DOT com>
To: "Erik P. Olsen" <erik AT epo DOT dk>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:41:58 -0700
On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 22:43 +0100, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> Until recently I had a DDS3 tape streamer. Then it broke down a few
> weeks ago and I bought a DDS4 tape streamer. I therefore have a lot of
> DDS3 tapes which I like to use for incremental back-ups because the new
> tape streamer can also handle DDS3 tapes. I will then ear mark the DDS4
> tapes for full back-ups. Is that possible and how can that be
> accomplished?

I just use different configurations for the different jobs with
different tapetypes. Small backups to DDS3, bigger to DDS4 (both in the
DDS4 drive), and whoppers to DLT VS160.

Amanda's still going to do level 0's to the DDS3 at least once in every
cycle, and incrementals to DDS4. My configs are used for backing up
different types of data.

--
Glenn English
ghe AT slsware DOT com