Amanda-Users

backup windows clients

2005-02-10 09:54:25
Subject: backup windows clients
From: Chantal Rosmuller <chantal AT antenna DOT nl>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:41:37 +0100
Hi, I have an amanda-windows question:
I got amanda running on a linux server with linux clients but now I want to use it for backing up windows 2003 servers as well,
I compiled amanda with samba support:

According to the documentation I have to put the following in the file disklist:

sambaservername  //windowsclientname/sharename backuptype

I dont understand why it wants a sambaserver? I thought amanda only used smbclient to connect to a windowsshare? I have the sambaserver software installed on the machine that runs amanda backupserver as well, but do I have to configure something?

Thanks,

Chantal