Amanda-Users

compile amanda client-only

2005-02-10 09:54:26
Subject: compile amanda client-only
From: Chantal Rosmuller <chantal AT antenna DOT nl>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:22:17 +0100
Hi everyone,

Hope anyone can help me, I have a question about amanda client
I installed amanda -client on a debian machine with apt-get (and then apt installed package amanda-common (libraries) and amanda-client but not amanda-server) and it worked immediately, on a suse machine I compiled amanda client, I used the following configure options:

./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=amanda --without-server

When I run amcheck on the backupserver I get the following error:

ERROR: server.domain.com: [can not read/write /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/.: No such file or directory]

This directory is indeed not there, it's also not there on the working debian machine but I noticed that there was a directory /var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists On the machine where I compiled amanda there is no directory /var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists or not even a /var/lib/amanda

I can probably get the suse client working by compiling without the --without-server option or install amanda with yast but I don't want to install more than necessary, so how do I achieve that?

Regards, Chantal