Amanda-Users

Re: client version varies from server

2005-02-08 06:36:05
Subject: Re: client version varies from server
From: "Don Carlton" <don.carlton AT citadel DOT edu>
To: donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 06:24:46 -0500
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:46:20 -0600
 donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com wrote:
> The message indicates that the self-check portion of the amcheck command
> timed out while communicating with either itself or the client. Make sure
> that xinetd configuration files are set up correctly to respond to the
> Amanda commands sent over the Amanda UDP port.
>
> 1. Check your /etc/services file on each machine to ensure that you have
> the amanda UDP 10080 service defined in the file.

Did this already everything looks fine. I set it up just like another client
that works to this server.

> 2. Check your /etc/inetd.conf file or /etc/xinetd.d file(s) have the
> appropriate entries for amanda (I use Amanda at work on a Tru64 UNIX system
> and my home server is Fedora Core 3, your mileage may vary....)

I also did this already, again everthing looks good.

> 3. Check the contents of the /tmp/amanda debug files from the amcheck

from the server's debug file:

amcheck: debug 1 pid 26575 ruid 33 euid 0 start time Mon Feb 7 21:11:33 2005
amcheck: dgram_bind: socket bound to 0.0.0.0.932
amcheck: pid 26575 finish time Mon Feb 7 21:12:03 2005

I get the following in the client's secure log file?

Feb 7 21:13:32 "clients name" xinetd[1338]: START: amanda pid=17335
from="server ip"

I substituted "client name" and "server ip" for the actual server and client